Friday, April 29, 2011

Special Metaphor Assignment (Blog Post #14)

n this post I have asked you to think about several questions:

1. I'm honestly not completely sure why I missed the metaphor. I think perhaps I was taking it too seriously or didn't think about it as thoroughly as I should have.

2. Beating around the bush, the bee's knees, as big as a house, burst your bubble, in a nutshell.
picture of a business meeting and the boss saying I don't suppose I need to remind anyone that when I use the term I bite the bullet, I mean it metaphorically

3. Well, it's important for us to teach our students about metaphors and the fact that people use them constantly. It's also important for us to point out that some people use metaphors instead of coming straight out with it (perhaps because what they have to say is harsh and offensive).

4. People use metaphors to spice up conversations. Saying the same thing all the time gets boring after all. Metaphors are good for lessons too (like in this case). And like I said before, some people use them because they can't bring themselves to be blunt about what they need to say.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my blog I hope to see you next time.
    From Unaloto

    ReplyDelete